Ken Lawless - Boatshed Ireland
+353(0)87 967 9396
+353 (0)87 967 9396
The Engine House
Royal Clarence Yard, Weevil lane,
I am delighted to be representing Boatshed in Ireland.
My sailing life started like so many of us, building and pottering about in Mirror dinghies. Sutton Dinghy Club - racing and instructing during my teenage years. What a way to spend those endless Summers. Then to Howth, racing 'Rossinver' the SuperSeal. An Inter-pro rugby career took me away from sailing for some time but I was back into racing Sigmas in the late '90s and owning some 'ton' boats including Ed Dubois' famous Supernova. My current project is the Fauroux designed Quarter Tonner 'Cartoon'. And re-fitting old IOR boats allows me to indulge in my passion for the history of these quirky craft.
Sailing for me is as varied as racing quarter tonners thoughout Ireland and in Cowes each year, or cruising to France in a Joshua Slocum 'Spray' replica ... and everything in between.
On the business side I have an extensive background in sales, marketing and communications in small and large companies, with experience in Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Based in Dublin, I would be delighted to chat with you about buying or selling all types of sail and motor yachts.
How Boatshed Ireland works when selling your boat
- We meet on board and chat about the history of your boat and record the full inventory.
- We take 80+ photos and some videos (if conditions are suitable).
- Your boat goes live on Boatshed Ireland and over 60 Boatshed websites worldwide, plus other large partner boating websites.
- Unlike many other brokers, we then profile customers who would have an interest in your boat, from our existing 740,000+ Boatshed subscribers.
- Our huge databases, historic pricing data and the most sophisticated software systems available get to work straight away to find the right buyer for your boat.
- We accompany all viewings, so I will personally handle the sale from start to finish, keeping you informed throughout.
- Because we profile potential buyers so accurately, we have a global success rate of 2.2 viewings per sale, mostly eliminating the fender-kickers.
- We sell over 1,000 boats every year.
- As members of the British Marine Federation, all of our processes are accredited.
- You only pay for our service when we are successful in finding a buyer for your boat.
- And we have lots of other innovations that I would be happy to chat with you about.